Welcome to Day One of the 6 Day Business Plan. This is the first step – and well done for getting here. We know many people (including us) that talk and talk about our ideas, but then don’t even put pen to paper to start to think about it, and share it with the world. Hopefully these 6 days will get you closer to the market, and help you:
- Decide whether it’s a good idea that you should continue to work on
- Give you a step-by-step guide to forming your idea
- Give you the confidence to talk to family, friends, and customers about your idea.
What you will accomplish today
- Determining why you want to start a business
- Writing your idea down on paper.
- Determining the USP (Unique Selling Point) of your product.
- Looking at any competitors on the market
- Looking at your target demographic
Talking about it, and making it more concrete, is exactly what this day is about. The first step to any business idea is being very clear exactly what it is you offer. The clearer the better. The idea might change as you go along, but being concise about what you are trying to achieve will help you communicate your idea to the market.
This whole process is not about telling you whether it is a good or bad idea to take your product to market. Instead, it is about equipping you with the knowledge to equip yourself to make that decision.
Let’s get going with the first worksheet:
[google-drive-embed url=”https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yTZoKwcKs0HpT1P4FGuxXKQPqXiBqgWqe3hecyyI8-A/preview?usp=drivesdk” title=”Day 1 – Worksheet – Your Product and the Market” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/vnd.google-apps.document” width=”100%” height=”400″ style=”embed”]
Download this worksheet here: